A Dispatcher is part of the team that is responsible for managing day-to-day service department operations and is primarily focused on the scheduling and dispatching of service calls, and support of service technicians. The Service Dispatcher provides high quality service to technicians in the field and backs up the Customer Service Representative (CSR) with customer service. This role works closely with and will answer to the Service Manager.
- Customer Service Representatives
- Account Representatives
- Interviews candidates and trains new employees.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Has authority for personnel actions.
- Dispatches technicians to scheduled calls.
- Tracks service progress of all technicians.
- Maintains job board to reflect up-to-the-minute changes.
- Works with technicians to create installation estimates as needed.
- Maintains and organizes service files.
- Coordinates warranty work for completed construction projects, confirming requested work is within stated warranty.
- Works with Service Manager to order and track materials requested by service technicians, and controls inventory for accuracy, accountability, and cost efficiency.
- Follows up on Accounts Receivable.
- Handles ServiceTitan invoices, payments, and purchase orders.
- Receives and schedules service calls when CSR is busy communicating with customers, in a professional and courteous manner.
- Follows up with customers who have requested service using the online service request form.
- Supports service billing and collection processes.
- Register equipment to ensure customers warranty with Rheem, Trane etc.
- Files permits for jobs as needed, or contracts third party to conduct required paperwork in accordance with local requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of HVAC and plumbing service work (field experience preferred).
- Extensive knowledge of scheduling
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze information and multi-task, and excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Work well as an individual contributor and as a member of the office team.
- ServiceTitan experience (preferred)
- Minimum of High School Diploma.
- Minimum of five years of experience in technical services, dispatching/customer service-related position (industry experience preferred).
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at a time.